your hot and cold experts
Call Now Get Comfortable!
653 Dunlop st.w Barrie, Ontario
Carbon Monoxide is a colourless, odourless and tasteless gas.
It is called the silent killer because it is undetectable to human senses; it can affect you or your family before you even know it is there.
Carbon monoxide rapidly accumulates in the blood, depleting its ability to carry oxygen.Even low exposure to carbon monoxide can cause serious health problems...
Carbon monoxide is created by burning fossil fuels. In the home, equipment creating CO can include furnaces, fireplaces, water heaters, ranges, room heaters and more. If PROPERLY INSTALLED AND MAINTAINED, fuel-burning equipment produces very little carbon monoxide, the little that is produced is vented to the outside of the home and causes no problems.
Concerns would arise if anything disrupts the venting process of the appliance such as poor installation, or a blockage in the venting like a birds nest, twigs, etc. Another concern would be a problem with the heat exchanger such as a crack or hole. This is why a carbon monoxide detector is essential in the home on every level!
Initial symptoms of low to moderate carbon monoxide exposure include:
Higher levels of exposure can include:
Regular inspection of all fuel-burning equipment is an important aspect of protecting yourself and your family from the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Here at Ardent Heating, we have a VIP Service Plan that not only guarantees same day priority service but also includes a free yearly safety inspection; furnace tune-up and cleaning to ensure you and your family are safe.
Call Ardent Heating & Cooling today if you have any questions regarding this topic: